Melbourne is considered one of the most livable cities in the world so it’s no surprise there’s so much to do and see here without having to spend a penny! Here are just a few of our favourite FREE and budget friendly things to do in Melbourne City.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from a site we’ve linked to, we make a small commision at no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
11. South Melbourne Market
12. Check out the street artists at Federation Square
13. Photograph the Iconic Flinders Station
14. Discover something new at Melbourne Central shopping centre – (MC metro stop)
15. Walk St Kilda Pier
16. Visit Melbourne China town
17. Urban Photography around the city
18. Walk Chapel Street in South Yarra
19. St. Kilda Penguin Parade – (A great chance to see penguins in their own environment – take a coat, it gets cold at night. Also note, no flash photography here too)
20. Visit Brighton Beach huts
21. Comedy night at The Attic – (South Yarra)
22. National Gallery Victoria – (This place is huge, if you like art there’s a mix of everything here. Could easily take up half a day)
23. Watch the sunset from the Docklands