Melbourne is considered one of the most livable cities in the world so it’s no surprise there’s so much to do and see here without having to spend a penny! Here are just a few of our favourite FREE and budget friendly things to do in Melbourne City.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase from a site we’ve linked to, we make a small commision at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.
11. South Melbourne Market
12. Check out the street artists at Federation Square
13. Photograph the Iconic Flinders Station
14. Discover something new at Melbourne Central shopping centre – (MC metro stop)
15. Walk St Kilda Pier
16. Visit Melbourne China town
17. Urban Photography around the city
18. Walk Chapel Street in South Yarra
19. St. Kilda Penguin Parade – (A great chance to see penguins in their own environment – take a coat, it gets cold at night. Also note, no flash photography here too)
20. Visit Brighton Beach huts
21. Comedy night at The Attic – (South Yarra)
22. National Gallery Victoria – (This place is huge, if you like art there’s a mix of everything here. Could easily take up half a day)
23. Watch the sunset from the Docklands